Conducting Private Consultations
CPDT-KA CEUs: 3
IAABC CEUs: 3
From the phone intake to the initial consult through subsequent training sessions, make your private consults and private training sessions more efficient, effective, and professional while increasing your confidence and comfort. Topics include:
- making the sale—tips for turning a higher percentage of phone inquiries into initial consults and initial consults into long term clients (and increasing your comfort doing so!)
- orders of operations for each phase—what to do, and what order to do it in
- asking questions—which questions to ask and when, and which to leave on the cutting room floor
- client relations—setting a tone and client expectations for maximum success, and how to keep clients motivated and compliant
- record keeping & client notes—what to record for liability protection and case success, and how to do it quickly and easily
- training plans—using your clients’ behavior and goals to build effective mod plans
Veronica Boutelle began her professional life as an educator before switching careers to dog training. As the SF/SPCA’s Director of Behavior and Training, she drew from her background as a teacher educator and curriculum developer, her training experience, and her experience in business to support a staff of trainers, academy students, and interns in their quests for skills development, program design, and professional growth. In so doing she found that her love was working with and supporting people who work with dogs.
Returning to the private sector, Veronica recognized the need for an organization that would support dog professionals working in the field. The result is dogTEC.
Refund Policy: The course fee will be refunded, in its entirety, so long as the enrollee requests a refund in writing no later than the 14th day after the course is purchased. Alternatively, the enrollee may request an exchange or credit toward a different course, instead of a refund.